Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rava Idli


Rava Idli is one of the famous tiffin items of South India especially Karnataka. It is prepared using rava / sooji. Rava Idli was  invented by the popular restaurant chain Mavalli Tiffin Rooms[MTR] . It is my favorite too. I loved to eat rava idli in one of the hotel named SLV, in bangalore. I wanted the exact recipe of this. Recently I got the recipe from various other food blogs and I tried it at home. It really came out very well. My husband also liked it a lot. I prepared it with corriander chutney.

Ingredients:
Rava - 1 cup
Beaten Thick Curd - 1 cup
Ginger - 1/2 tsp(grated)
Green Chillies - 2 finely chopped
Coconut scrapings - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Channa dal - 1 tsp
Cashewnuts - broken - few
Corriander leaves - chopped
Salt
Ghee



Method:
Heat ghee. Add mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add the channa dal, urad dal, green chillies, cashewnuts, ginger. Fry well. Add the Rava immediately and fry for 2-3 min in low flame. Remove and let it cool. Mix all other ingredients and set aside for 1/2 an hr. Prepare Idlis. Serve hot with sagu or corriander chutney.

0 lovely comments:

Member of Indiblogger!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory

My recent visitors!!!

ONLINE COUNTER

VISITOR COUNTER

All recipes are on Petitchef

Popular Posts