Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Home Made Veg Pizzaaaaaaa...

Pizza is a baked pie of Italian origin which is covered with various toppings and baked in an oven. Pizza is one of my hubby's and my favorite. We enjoy having pizzas in restaurants like Pizza Hut , Pizza Corner and many more. Each time when we have it, I used to think of preparing it at home and try it. So now the time has come to try it out.........


This is my first attempt in preparing Veg Pizza right from the base..Wow! Had a wonderful experience in preparing. Enjoyed it..Actually it was not so tough but it took a longgggg time to finish. As it was my first attempt, I thought I would try using just few simple ingredients for the toppings. So here is the recipe which I followed in preparing this wonderful dish...

Ingredients: Size of the measuring cup may vary. So, adjust the quantity according to your measurement. This is the cup which I used -


For the base:
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Active dry yeast - 1 tbsp
Milk - 1/4th cup
Boiling Water - 1/4th cup
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Salt - depending on taste
Olive oil - 1/8th cup

Method:
Take a broad vessel. Add olive oil, sugar and salt. Mix well till the sugar completely dissolves in water. Then add the milk and yeast. Mix well. Set aside for 5 min. Then add the flour and mix well to get a smooth dough. Cover it with a moist cloth or plastic cling film. Let it set for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. The dough will raise to double its original size. Knead the dough well. Roll using a rolling pin to required thickness. Prick using a fork. Switch on the convection mode and preheat the oven at 210 degrees C for 15 min. Bake the pizza dough for 15 min.

Now for the toppings. There are n number of toppings which can used. I used the following:
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Sweet corn - 2 tbsp
Capsicum - 1/2
First I chopped the above and mixed together. Then I added salt, pepper powder and paprika powder to it.

How I arranged it:
First I spread the pizza sauce and tomato sauce together evenly on the base. Then i sprinkled some mozzarella cheese, topped it with the above veggies. Lastly spread more cheese on the top. Thts it..Simple toppings..

Before Baking
Preheat the oven once again for 15 min. Place the pizza and bake for another 10-15 min or till the top and sides become brown in color. Ofcourse do all these on convection mode. Thts it. Now waiting for the pizza to get ready.....

Waiting...............


Waiting..............


Waiting..............


Ah yes...its almost ready........just a few minutes to go................

Yes! Its ready....
The end result...

Hot and yummy Veg Pizza.......

Sending this post to Pari's cooking-goodfood.blogspot.com ongoing event



0 lovely comments:

Member of Indiblogger!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory

My recent visitors!!!

ONLINE COUNTER

VISITOR COUNTER

All recipes are on Petitchef

Popular Posts