Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My first Blogversary with a sweet - Ashoka

Today is my first Blogversary. How time flies!! Last year on this date I started blogging just for time pass and now blogging has become a part of my daily routine. Preparing varieties of dishes, clicking snaps of the prepared dish, making new blogger friends, visiting other's lovely blogs......Its was just amazing..



Here are few people whom I want to thank wholeheartedly. First of all my dear husband. Without his encouragement and support, I would not have come upto this level. Secondly, one of my friend who inspired me to start a food blog. Next my family and the most important - Friends. Without you all, my blog would have been a question mark. Thank you very much for all your support and love. Without you, my blog would not be this significant to me!! All I need is your support and encouragement. I need your company throughout my blogging journey.

Today there is one more special event. My Dad's Birthday!! Luckily I am with him on this special day. So to celebrate both the occasions, I prepared a sweet - Ashoka. This is the first time I prepared it and the taste was simply awesome. Here is the recipe of Ashoka which I prepared.

Ingredients:
Moong dal - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Water - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Ghee - 1 cup
Orange food colour - a pinch
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Wheat flour - 2-3 tbsp
Fried Cashews - a few

Method:
Dry roast the moong dal for few minutes till a nice flavor comes out of that. Pressure cook the moong dal along with milk. If needed, you can add little water also. After it is well cooked, mash it properly till it becomes like a paste. Mix food color and cardamom powder along with water and keep it aside. In a pan, heat ghee. Add the wheat flour and fry till a nice aroma comes out. Add sugar, cooked dal and the kesari mix. Mix well. Add ghee little by little and keep stirring till the Halwa leaves the sides of the pan. Add the fried cashews and the remaining ghee. Serve hot.


0 lovely comments:

Member of Indiblogger!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory

My recent visitors!!!

ONLINE COUNTER

VISITOR COUNTER

All recipes are on Petitchef

Popular Posts