Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baingan Ka Bharta

Baingan Ka Bharta is basically a Punjabi dish. I love this dish very much and we usually order this in restaurants. Last week when we had gone for shopping, I came across the eggplant which we use to prepare this recipe. I immediately purchased it, browsed the recipe and prepared it at home. It is very easy to prepare and mouthwatering too. My hubby also liked it a lot. Here is my version of "Baingan Ka Bharta".


Ingredients:
Eggplant - 1
Onion - 3 (chopped)
Tomato - 2(chopped)
Ginger - 1 piece (chopped)
Garlic - 3-4 pods(chopped)
Green peas - a handful(optional) - I have added coz I love the taste of green peas
Green chilli - 1 slit in the middle
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Lemon juice  -1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Corriander leaves - for garnishing


Method:
Roast the eggplant carefully on stove. If you have grill, you can use that. Make sure you have roasted it evenly on all sides.

Remove the burned skin and mash the eggplant well. In a kadai, heat oil, add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, green peas and a little salt. Fry well. Add green chilli and all the powders. Fry well till the oil seperates. Lastly add the mashed eggplant. Mix well. Check for spices. Add some water and allow it to boil.

After the gravy thickens, add corriander leaves. Remove from stove and add the lemon juice. Mix well and serve with chapathi / Rice. I had prepared methi chapathi.

0 lovely comments:

Member of Indiblogger!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory

My recent visitors!!!

ONLINE COUNTER

VISITOR COUNTER

All recipes are on Petitchef

Popular Posts