Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Aloo Methi

Today I had the mood to prepare something with aloo. As I was thinking what to prepare, I saw a bunch of methi leaves in my fridge. I immediately got the idea of preparing this dish. This is my first trial of this recipe and the taste was just awesome. I got an appreciation from Vijay also. Here goes the recipe of my Aloo methi sabzi.


Ingredients:
Potato - 3 (boiled and cubed)
Onion - 2 (chopped)
Tomato - 1 (chopped)
Ginger / Garlic - chopped
Red Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Salt - according to taste
Methi leaves - washed, chopped and cooked


Method:
In a kadai, heat oil, add cumin seeds. Once the seeds gets roasted, add the onions, garlic, ginger and tomatoes. Add the methi leaves. Fry well. Add all the powders. Fry till the oil seperates. After it is done, add the cubed potatoes. Mix well. Don't mash them. Adjust the taste accordingly.
Serve hot with chappathi / paratha.

0 lovely comments:

Member of Indiblogger!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Directory

My recent visitors!!!

ONLINE COUNTER

VISITOR COUNTER

All recipes are on Petitchef

Popular Posts